1⁄4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 ripe bananas, divided
3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1⁄2 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly oil 9" round cake pan.
- In Prep Bowl, combine sugar and butter. Spread over bottom of pan.
- Slice 1–1 1⁄2 bananas into thin rounds and arrange in bottom of pan. Mash remaining banana; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with applesauce and oil. Stir in muffin mix and mashed banana until well combined. Scrape batter into pan.
- Bake 35 min, or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pan.
- Gently run knife around edge of pan to loosen cake. Carefully invert cake onto a plate or serving platter.