Baked Apple Turnovers
Oh so good! Better than store-bought, these can be prepared in advance and frozen. Simply freeze uncooked on a Sheet Pan; once frozen, place in freezer bags and bake when ready.
2 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into small pieces
1 - 2 tspApple Pie Spice
1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) square puff pastry, defrosted
2 tbsp milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Combine apple and spice in a Rectangular Steamer. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes on high. Let cool uncovered.
- Roll 1 piece of pastry into a thin 10.5” square. Gently flip onto large side of an Appy Maker. Using a rolling pin, firmly roll over to cut pastry.
- Add 1 tbsp of apple mixture to the centre of each triangle.
- Take out second piece of puff pastry, roll, and layer on top. Using a rolling pin, gently but firmly roll over to seal pockets and cut pastry.
- Gently remove each stuffed triangle from the Appy Maker and place on a Sheet Pan lined with a Sheet Pan Liner.
- Brush with milk, if desired, and bake for 15 min or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Per serving (1 turnover): Calories 160, Fat 10 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 65 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g (Fiber 1 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 2 g.