Tofu & Coconut Curry Noodles
A delicious and nourishing plant-based dish with a warming madras-spiced broth.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve or top with 2 cups leafy greens such as baby spinach or kale.
1⁄2 pkg (14 oz/400 g) vermicelli rice noodles
8 cups boiling water, or enough to cover noodles
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) light coconut milk
1 block (454 g) medium-firm tofu
2 cups broccoli florets, about 1 small crown
1 large carrot
1 large red bell pepper
lime wedges, optional
- In Round or Multipurpose Steamer, combine rice noodles and boiling water. Ensure noodles are completely submerged—add more boiling water as needed. Stir occasionally until tender, about 5 min.
- Drain noodles, carefully reserving 2 cups cooking liquid. If you don’t have 2 cups cooking liquid, top up with hot water. Toss noodles with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, in Wok, combine seasoning and coconut milk over medium heat. Add reserved cooking liquid once noodles are drained. Bring to a simmer.
- Drain tofu. Cut into cubes; add to wok and stir to combine.
- Chop broccoli into small pieces; add to wok. Continue to simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Peel carrot into ribbons and set aside. Chop carrot core (if too small to peel into ribbons) and add to wok. Thinly slice pepper; add to wok and simmer 2 min.
- To serve, ladle into four bowls. Top each bowl with noodles and carrot ribbons. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 430, Fat 16 g (Saturated 9 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 300 mg, Carbohydrate 62 g (Fiber 7 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 20 g.
This recipe is easily adaptable. Swap veggies for whatever you have on hand—cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, or frozen veggies are all great choices!