Roasted Beets with Pumpkin Balsamic Vinaigrette
Roasted root vegetables can be daunting as they take time to perfect. Pre-steaming your vegetables will significantly cut down the prep time so you can enjoy perfectly roasted vegetables more quickly!
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup roast potatoes or squash, and 4 oz (113 g) lean protein.
4 medium beets
2 tbsp each balsamic vinegar and olive oil
2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
2 tbspPumpkin Spice Latte Mix
Toppings (optional): Sea Salt, pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Peel and chop beets into bite-sized pieces. Place in Multipurpose Steamer. Cover and microwave for 10 min or until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, syrup, and mix.
- Toss steamed beets with vinegar mixture and transfer to pan, reserving some of the liquid. Bake 15 min.
- Transfer to serving dish and drizzle with reserved liquid. Add toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 140, Fat 7 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 70 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g (Fiber 2 g, Sugars 16 g), Protein 2 g.
Serve roasted beets over salad greens to make a warm, winter salad.
Raw red beets can leave dark stains on your skin; to avoid this, wear a food safe glove while prepping beets.