Madras Curried Potato Salad
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 4 oz (113 g) lean protein and 1 cup veggies, your choice.
1 1⁄2 lbs (675 g) Yukon Gold potatoes, about 4 medium
1⁄4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp maple syrup
1 green onion
1⁄4 small red onion
Toppings (optional): extra green onion or cilantro
- Bring water to boil in Multipurpose Pot, with lid on. Slice potatoes in half, lengthwise, then slice crosswise into half-moons, abut 1⁄2" thick. If the half-moons are too large, slice in half. Add to boiling water. Cook until a knife can easily pierce the flesh, but there is still a little resistance, 6–7 min. Don’t overcook. Drain.
- Using 2-in-1 Citrus Press, squeeze in juice from lemon. Gently stir to combine with potatoes. Let sit to allow some of the liquid to be absorbed, about 5 min.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, seasoning, and maple syrup.
- Thinly slice onions. Add onions and potatoes to bowl with dressing; toss gently to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or cover and chill until ready to serve—delicious either way!
Per serving (about 1 cup): Calories 250, Fat 12 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 125 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g (Fiber 4 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 5 g.
Thinly slice red onion using 4-in-1 Mandoline fitted with 1.5 mm slicer plate.
Store leftover Keema Curry Seasoning in an empty Epicure seasoning jar for future use.
Feeding a crowd? This recipe easily doubles or triples.